Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Star Wars Nerds

Ari the Tie-fighter Pilot. Thanks to a figurine that Morgan gave us. John did such a good job on the costume, he made the box in front really lights up and he made it out of pvc pipe and bondo. The boots are just shoes with vinyl glued to them. I need to get closes up so you can see what a good job John did.
Jedi Luke Nico, as he likes to say it. I can't believe how stoked he is on his costume. He was so set on being Jedi Luke, I tried to convince him of being a different Luke (a chubby three year old in all black can look pretty funny, I wanted to protect his feelings), but he wouldn't have it, he would say "no! Jedi Luke, two boots one glove". So there you have it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

star wars nerds UNITE!

john did such a good job on ari's - i can't believe it.

and nico's photo is HILARIOUS. (he's not 3 yet, is he?)

star wars party coming soon!

Brigham said...

Brilliant. These children are being raised right.

bug girl said...

I hope that in the dark they can use the power of the force to move cars aside. I think little kids in black look cute. And Nico's one glove thing was very ingenious of him.

Carina said...

They look awesome!

I wanted to have Will be something super cool for Halloween, but he INSISTED on being a pumpkin. Stay tuned for pictures.

andi said...

That face! Nico, it is your destiny.

Aim said...

Whitney those are some cool costumes, I'm impressed.

erin T to the S said...

could there even BE a cooler family on the plane? i think not
behind every vinyl shoed, one gloved jedi there is a mom like you but not as cool.

Anonymous said...

That is the awesomest thing I have ever seen! LOVE IT!!

matt lohrke said...

holy smokes! best costumes ever! great job, gang.

Aim said...

I saw the helmet in person and it is pretty amazing. John really has a talent for costumes making.

Michelle said...

Whitney Bushman I don't know if you remember me- Michelle Gonzales now Call. Found you through Cindy's blog- hope you don't mind me saying hi! Very cute boys and I ran into that Mormon Worker site a while back and we thought it was so interesting in a very good way. Anyhow hello!

Aim said...

Isn't it about time for another post?

Brenda said...

You and John are pretty cool parents.. I thought the Legolas and Peter Pan costumes were cool..but now I'm in love with these ones. Jedi Luke Nico, best pose ever.