Thursday, December 3, 2009

I have a Million Things I need to do... So I did this instead.

I have a goal to use what I have, and if you could see my studio I have a lot, of stuff. Bags full of straws, pipe cleaners, feathers, glitter. (I really should have been a children s art teacher, but I am a little possessive of my junk. I am working on getting over that watching by Hoarders) I love that show, I am a little bit obsessed.


So using only stuff I already have I am going to make decorations for this beautiful tree that Ari picked out. (He did a good job) It is so perfect it almost looks fake. The presents under the tree are a collections of Christmas books that we re-wrap, so we open and ready one every night.



So this Silver Tinsel ribbon that I picked up before Zims went out of business (tear) and my box of book pages were my inspirations.
And this is what I made.....



Real simple and kind of cute. During the process I couldn't decide how I wanted the paper layered so I did this trial, I randomly punched out some paper and this is what I came up with. Perfect.


So that was a pretty good way to put off what I really need to do. This blogging thing really could become a handy way to avoid what I am suppose to be doing. (PTA IS FOR THE BIRDS, Just a warning).


I can't wait to make one of John.

5 comments:

kirsten said...

so in 24 hours you blogged twice AND i talked to you? a good day!

Ari did pick out a nice tree. So do you not have ornaments for it already or you just wanted to make them all this year?


The silhouettes are beautiful. the tinsel is awesome. and you know i love cutting up books... and silhouettes.

Whitney said...

I don't know what made me to post, I was just at my computer with a million other things to do and I really didn't want to to them.

I just wanted to make some more ornaments, I really wish I was laid back enough to use all the crappy ones that I have acquired over the years.To compensate I just mix them with the ones I make. So my tree has half a color scheme. I want to make some more birds like you gave me, I love them.

Aim said...

Your tree looks great, I love the ornaments! I should do some silhouettes of my kids.
Thanks so much for the banner! You really saved me, I didn't need that extra stress, I was stress enough. I think it turned out great!

Jen and Shane said...

I've been thinking about you a lot lately. We went out of town to the mountains (see new post on our blog) and accidentally lost Addie's favorite blankie. I'm not sure you know that her blankie is the little quilt you made for her. We thought we were doomed, but a week later another family who was staying there brought it back to us! Close call! All week I was conjuring up things to trade you for another blankie. :)

Morgan Moore said...

You need to post more- you are just oozing with creativity and are a total inspiration to me!

miss you!

xox